Monday, October 29, 2012

8 Spooky Nights Day 6 - Spiders

Today is day 6, which means there are only 2 days left! Im so sad, because I am having a blast!! I will have to keep this nail art kick up!


Don't forget to check out all the other awesome blogger's creations too... and go on my Facebook page and show the non-blogger contest participants some love too!

XO, Noelle
College Polished
PishPosh & Polish
Beauty Dish
Nail By Katie
Jenerally Speaking 
Jilltastic Nail Designs
Galactic Lacquer 
Tres' Chic Nails 
charlottes-nails 
Manic Manis
The Life, Time and Lacquers of Lilmoon
Makeup and Nails, Not War
Not Too Polished
Mimi Manicures
Seriously Swatched
8 Spooky Nights 
Glitter Me This  

Living in Arizona, the first thing I think of when I think spiders is black widows. They are our most em-famous, I grew up hunting them!


I used Zoya Elisa, 365 Days of Color Black Flame Candle for my bases and OPI Alpine Snow; along with my Black Stripe Rite for the finer details.I contemplated adding eyes to the spiders on my pointer finger, but thought it may make it too cartoon-y. I couldn't put eyes on my ring finger spiders, because the hourglass dot is on her belly, so that would be her underside!


The sugar spun web on my middle finger is my interpretation of a black widow web. They dont make standard, pretty spun webs. They like dark holes and tight spaces like those of a wood pile. The black widow likes to hang out at the back of that tight space with a whole mess of web, spun in every direction, between her and the unsuspecting victim.

Another fun fact, after mating the female black widow kills the puny little male. Happy Halloween! Haha!

12 comments:

  1. It was hard to look at this since I hate spiders but this is so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so awesome! I love the spun sugar method you used for the web!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so awesome!!! I love the webbing! We have Black Widows and Brown Recluses where I live...plus these giant tarantulas! I saw my first of those over the summer - so huge and terrifying! Luckily I don't think they come inside houses often, the one I saw was outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are great! I love the red, and the spun sugar nail is perfect for spiders! Why didn't I think of that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always ask for assistance when lifting heavy items. Ask a friend to help or use devices that can assist you. play bazaar satta king

    play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete